Dec 302015
 

Exmouth Clock Tower

Exmouth’s Jubilee Clock Tower was erected to the design of architects Kerley and Ellis to commemorate Queen Victoria’s Diamond Jubilee. The Hon. Mark Rolle provided most of the £350 needed for construction and Lady Gertrude Rolle laid the foundation stone on the 15th of September 1897.

The clock was originally hand wound by a council employee, but is now electric. The original mechanism can be seen in Exmouth Museum.

The Tower became a grade II listed building in 1978.