Exmouth’s Jubilee Clock Tower was erected to the design of architects Kerley and Ellis to commemorate Queen Victoria’s Diamond Jubilee. The Hon. Mark Rolle provided most of the £350 needed for construction and Lady Gertrude Rolle laid the foundation stone on the 15th of September 1897.
The clock was originally hand wound by a council employee, but is now electric. The original mechanism can be seen in Exmouth Museum.
The Tower became a grade II listed building in 1978.